From Paris, Venice and Berlin to Istanbul and Amsterdam …
Bestselling writers Kate Mosse, Michelle Lovric and lots more
Around the World in 80 Books Readers’ Day
Anglia Ruskin University, Lord Ashcroft Building, Bishop Hall Lane. Chelmsford, Essex , CM1 1SQ. Saturday 29 June 2013, 9.30am – 4.30 pm Tickets £15/ £12 concessions (tea and coffee included in price) Tel: 01206 573948 www.essexbookfestival.org.uk/events/around-the-world-in-80-books/
Come along and enjoy a readers’ day with a difference – a feast of exciting reading with some of the very best in world writing run by the Brentwood-based publisher of the city-picks travel guide series in association with the Essex Book Festival, the Arts Council and Anglia Ruskin University.
Featuring an amazing range of popular authors, publishers, cultural institutes and translators, plus competitions, goody bags, book lists and much more.
- Kate Mosse, the superselling author of Labyrinth and Sepulchre on her own writing and French books that have inspired her, and Venice-based author Michelle Lovric on the pleasures of living in - and writing novels about - Venice.
- The best books to read from France, Germany, the Netherlands and Turkey introduced by friendly and enthusiastic experts
- A Year of Reading the World: Ann Morgan on spending 2012 reading a book from every country in the world
- Independent Publisher of the Year Peirene Press on what makes a good book in translation
- Around the World in 80 Books with Oxygen Books’ city-picks team
- Freedom to Read, Freedom to Write – a special creative writing workshop with English PEN
- For full day's events: www.essexbookfestival.org.uk/events/around-the-world-in-80-books/
'There are so many wonderful books written in other languages but sometimes the problem is knowing where to start,' says Oxygen Books publisher Malcolm Burgess. 'We think our readers' day is an ideal way for readers to discover new writing about some of their favourite cities and countries and with superb introductions from well-known writers like Kate Mosse and Michelle Lovric.'
For more information or to speak to most of our participants, including Michelle Lovric down the line from her Venetian palazzo, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org; tel: 01277 263770 www.oxygenbooks.co.uk